From: "Gordon P. Howell, Jr." <g...@wa4rts.net>
To: FlexRadio reflector <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:22:07 AM
Subject: [Flexradio] Why not a "best guess" on ship dates?

I've been looking at all the comments from people, some saying their radios are
going to ship, others just wondering if they ever will.  I fall into the second
category.  I had hoped my 6700 would be here in time for FD, but in looking at
the order numbers received so far, I am at least 150 away, despite having
gotten on the signature list on May 22, 2012.  My number is 3790.

Perhaps Tim or one of the Flex folks could comment on why there cannot be some
sort of listing, perhaps by by invoice number, or perhaps just noting that the
next XXX radios that SHOULD ship by XX date and note that the list is subject
to change.

I am not asking for anything set in concrete just an estimate so I might make
arrangements to be at home when Matt calls.  Or perhaps the notification method
is backwards, send me an email so that I don't have to be sitting on the
keyboard at just the right time  to get notified.  I CAN call you back. Or,
with your email confirmation I can call the credit card company and make the
necessary arrangements on receipt.

I don't want to sound like I am throwing any rocks at Flex, I am a fully
committed user with 1500, 3000, and 5000 radios in my shack. Flex is a unique
company in this day and age and I have been impressed both with the engineering
and the customer service. I can understand the difficulty in ramping up a new
production item, however I think FlexRadio needs to be a bit more sensitive to
those of use who are still waiting and have been for more than a year.  Without
the loyal customer base that they have, sales would not be so great, so please,
guys, take a little time to give many of us a rough idea of when we might
expect to get excited.

Perhaps that is too much to ask with everything else going on in Texas, but it
sure would be nice to have a firmer idea when the tunnel will end.  I know you
are concerned that such a list would cause people to get even more riled up
when you didn't make a proposed date, but I think that just saying what I have
noted above would be somewhat comforting and not likely to generate a storm of
calls and emails over and above what you are already getting.

This wait process is at least as bad as the other one that I am in the middle
of -- a call from the University of Virginia Transplant Center notifying me
that they have a liver for me and get my backside moving North -- NOW!  Still
waiting on that one too…

Thanks for listening Tim, Greg, Gerald, Matt and all the rest.

Geep
WA4RTS