Hi.. Can anyone give me more of the scoop on whether there is or is not a brief RF spike from the Flex5000A on keydown of the transmitter...? Is it overshoot, real-time issues or...?

I ask because I want to use my 6m amplifier which requires 5W of drive max, and the tube is rather pricey. For those who are curious, I have converted an SB-230 HF amp to 6m very successfully and the original 8873 is still going strong. At ~ $700US new, I'd like to protect it if necessary....

Any help much appreciated...73...Jordan VE6ZT