I know this not answering your question, but I considered buying a flex control
but then decided against once I found what I really was wanting. I use a newer
mouse that has a free-wheeling mouse wheel. You can switch it back to normal
"detent" mode but I usually leave it in the free-wheel mode. The wheel is
weighted like a little flywheel. I usually keep my tuning step at 50Hz. Give
the wheel a spin and it will continue to spin for about 5-10 seconds. I can
easily scan half the band with one flick. It also allows the type of control
you would get with a knob. I'm glad I did not bother with flex control because
now my hand never leaves the mouse. You can then tune either radio with same
mouse.

As to your question below, I would hazard to guess that having each knob use a
different USB port, you could easily assign the correct port to each instance
of PSDR.

Mike, kb7iuv
Sent from my iPhone 5