Dave, I am no expert but I would just try it and see what happens. If it does not work then buy a cheep PC and have fun.

The PC I used on my Flex 3000 I paid $50.00 at a hamfest, it's a used Dell Optiplex GX620 with two gigs rams, works perfect. In fact every PC I own I bought used at hamfests paying no more than $75.00 been doing this for years. It's not a matter of money, I can buy anything I want, it's just a matter of if a $50.00 PC works great why spend 2K

I know two guys around two here that custom built PC just for their Flex radios and spent a ton of money, and the bottom line my $50.00 used PC does the same thing..