Thanks for the replies,
NOTE:- cable and fire wire card is tested OK.
I managed to delete my early restore points.
Freezes in RX mode, no stray RF issues.
DAVE:- not sure where to get a memory test program from?
DAVE:- I ran a program called Memtest and all tests passed 100%
Les:- Freezing occurs with VAC either on or off
I have run all the Windows tests and every thing passes

I have been working on this problem for several weeks now and I hope some
one out there can help me with a solution.

My radio is a F5k and it works perfect on my i5/W7/64 bit laptop using a
SIIG Firewire 400 2-Port (6-pin) ExpressCard so my radio and fire wire
cable test OK.

My radio has worked perfect on my home PC for several years but some thing
has changed or it has developed a fault and now PowerSDR will freeze
randomly any where from a few seconds to a few hours. Some times the
panadapter will freeze and the audio will stop and turning off and on PowerSDR
will solve the issue. Some times turning off and on PowerSDR will grey out
the panadapter and some times turning off PowerSDR will generate an error
message "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application" and PowerSDR
will crash requiring both the F5k and PowerSDR to be turned off and on
again.

I have tried all the things Flex recommend such as disabling power savings,
using the legacy driver, factory defaults, reloading PowerSDR, no over
clocking etc etc and nothing changes.

I replaced the SIIG FireWire 400 2-Port PCIe card in my PC with a spare
SIIG FireWire 400 3-Port PCI card (in a different slot) and I still have
the exact same problem, so the problem is not the fire wire card either.
The problem is a software problem in my PC. My PC is a high performance
machine purchased specifically to run my F5k and I should not be having any
issues. I have tried using different drivers for the FireWire cards and the
problem still remains.

System details are;

PowerSDR v2.7.2
Max DPS ~ 190 us
Safe mode 1
Sampling rate 96000 Hz
Buffer size 2048

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40 GHz (BIOS up to date)
RAM 16 GB
SIIG FireWire 400 2-Port PCIe card and high quality cable (worked perfect
for several years)
SIIG FireWire 400 3-Port PCI card  and high quality cable (Made no
difference, problem still occurs)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (All updates complete)

Any help appreciated,

Craig

VK6JJJ / VK0JJJ