Yes, this is a very good solution! I had to do something like this but without the summer/winter switch when I decided to modify an ARC-5 BC453-B WWII receiver for SDR. It had occurred to me that it would be a good idea to explain to a local club how easy it was to convert the old radio to SDR. I proceeded to remove all of the original internal components from the BC-453 and then put a Flex1500 plus power supply plus cooling fan plus speaker plus audio amp in the box while carefully maintaining the original appearance of the old radio. I used an "on line purchased" small audio amp and computer speaker without giving thought to what I might be doing to the audio out of the Flex1500! Not at all smart and it resulted in an unplanned visit of my 1500 back to Austin! But that capacitor should be a word to the wise!

73

Lee   K9WRU
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patric...@windstream.net> To: "Bill Guyger" <bguy...@yahoo.com>; "Mike Sonn" <fatfend...@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: "flexradio" <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2014 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex 5000A w/earbuds

A capacitor in-line of sufficient rating to handle the voltages to be encountered and with sufficient capacity to pass the lowest freqs of interest will turn off your ear heaters. Maybe you want to wire in a "Summer-Winter" switch to be able to select cool or warm operation as the seasons change.

73,

Patrick   NJ5G

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Guyger via FlexRadio