Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2014 7:34 AM
To: Bill Guyger
Cc: Mike Sonn ; flexradio
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex 5000A w/earbuds

There is indeed dc on the 5kA phones output.
When I plug in a headphone I hear a loud pop (almost to the
level it makes me think it'll be blown).

I asked once why on earth this is needed, and got the answer that
blocking this DC (by transformers or capacitors) would also block
the lowest audio frequencies.

I simply don't use the headphones output.
BTW: I never heard that high end audio required our equipment to run  DC
through our voice coils.

Rob, PA3CNT