On Friday 07 December 2001 4:15 pm, you wrote:
> Things have been moving pretty quickly lately so I want to describe
> one particularly useful change in case anyone missed it.
>
> With the latest cvs code and base package you can now use a set of top
> level config files to start up FlightGear with various preselected
> panels, aircraft, flight dynamics codes, etc.
>
> Here's what we currently have available in cvs (it's pretty trivial to
> copy and modify one of these to create your own combinations.)
>
>     fgfs --aircraft=c172           <-- the default c172 with JSBSim
>     fgfs --aircraft=c172-ifr       <-- the same c172 but with an ifr panel
>     fgfs --aircraft=X15            <-- Jon's JSBSim X-15
>     fgfs --aircraft=c310           <-- David's JSBSim Cessna 310
>
>     fgfs --aircraft=c172-yasim     <-- YASim version of the Cessna 172
>     fgfs --aircraft=c310-yasim     <-- YASim version of the c310
>     fgfs --aircraft=747-yasim      <-- YASim 747
>     fgfs --aircraft=a4-yasim       <-- YASim A-4 Skyhawk
>
>     fgfs --aircraft=c172-larcsim   <-- Tony's larcsim c172
>
> So for instance if you want to try Andy's YASim 747 model, and check
> out his alternate (blade element-ish) approach to modeling the flight
> dynamics, just run "fgfs --aircraft=747-yasim" and you'll get the
> right fdm code, and the right aerodynamics configuration, etc.
> Currently we don't have a 747 panel so perhaps someone out there might
> see this as an opportunity to jump in and start working on one. :-)

Anybody willing to take Curt up on this can contact me for a copy of
a cockpit foldout. I have glass and analog versions. If nobody wants to
contribute, I can back burner the 310 stuff I have queued and concentrate on
this instead.

> In the last week or so we have received a *lot* more goodies to play
> with.  Also if you haven't been following along, the new sound effects
> add alot.  We have wind noise, ground rumble, a stall horn, and tire
> squeak on touch down.
>
> I really appreciate all the hard work so many people have been putting
> in.  It's starting to become a challenge to keep up with all the
> changes!  If we could knock off a couple of the remaining annoyance
> bugs in JSBSim and YASim (those bugs that aren't necessarily high
> priority, but are things an average person will immediately notice and
> ding us for) then I would be tempted to roll out the 0.7.9 release
> soon.  (I'm thinking specifically of the startup-onground sinking into

.... At last years winter LWCE I mentioned a 747 glass cockpit as something
in the future to a reporter. I have a rudimentary full screen PFD that up
until the advent of OpenGC I was gonna cram on before this years event.
It would be a good thing to have in 0.7.9. What sort of time frame are you
thinking of?

TTYL