Hi,

Today i have taken some time to take a look at the SimGear code and
decided it might be time to create a new class definition.

I'm not sure this is the right time to discuss about it. But then again,
I always have the feeling it might not be the right time. ;-)

This is a definition which i feel refelcts the layout of Simgear the
best. It is not something which should be implemented before next week
or even the next release. I have the feeling that it is something for
after the 0.8.0 release of FlightGear.

If anybody has any suggestions or comments please let me know, so i
could ask Curtis to publish the best release somewhere on the website
(just as a confrontation) ;-)

If things have settled down (and implementing has begun) I was planning
API documentation in html/what_ever form, which could make life easier
for new developers.

Erik
# New SimGear class deffinition tree. -- PROPOSAL --
# Probably not to be implemented before the release of FlightGear 0.8.0
#
# Version 0.1
#

SG                              // new base class

SG::Ephemeris
SG::Ephemeris::CelestialBody
SG::Ephemeris::Jupiter
SG::Ephemeris::Mars
SG::Ephemeris::Mercury
SG::Ephemeris::Moon
SG::Ephemeris::Neptune
SG::Ephemeris::Pluto
SG::Ephemeris::Saturn
SG::Ephemeris::Star
SG::Ephemeris::Uranus
SG::Ephemeris::Venus

SG::IO
SG::IO::Control(*)              // new
SG::IO::Control::JoyStick(*)    // from FlightGear ( plib )
SG::IO::Control::KeyBoard(*)    // from FlightGear ( glut )
SG::IO::Net(*)                  // from FlightGear ( plib )
SG::IO::Path(*)                 // from misc
SG::IO::Serial(*)               // from serial
SG::IO::Stream(*)               // from misc
SG::IO::ZLib(*)                 // from zlib
SG::IO::ZStream(*)              // from misc

SG::Magvar

SG::Math
SG::Math::InterPolate
SG::Math::LeastSqs
SG::Math::Point3D
SG::Math::Polar3D
SG::Math::GeoDesy
SG::Math::Random
SG::Math::Vector

SG::Metar
SG::Metar::Report
SG::Metar::Station

SG::Misc
SG::Misc::Debug(*)              // from debug
SG::Misc::Coord
SG::Misc::Command
SG::Misc::Props
SG::Misc::XML(*)                // from xml

SG::Route
SG::Route::Waypoint

SG::Bitmap                      // renamed: was screen
SG::Bitmap::Save                // screen dump
SG::Bitmap::Print

SG::Sky
SG::Sky::Cloud
SG::Sky::Dome
SG::Sky::Moon
SG::Sky::Sun
SG::Sky::Sphere
SG::Sky::Stars

SG::Time
SG::Time::Alarm
SG::Time::GeoCoord
SG::Time::Tick
SG::Time::TimeZone

SG::Xgl

SG::Sys                         // new
SG::Sys::Exception(*)           // from misc
SG::Sys::String(*)              // from misc
SG::Sys::Threads(*)             // from threads

(*) Changed location.