Jim Wilson writes:
> David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > John Check writes:
> >
> >  > We could do it like we do panel_2, it's no biggie. Mind you,
> >  > 256x256 can only hold so much text, although we could use generated
> >  > text. Or possibly do it as a HUD with static text.
> >
> > Just a quick note -- right now, I'm using 512x512 textures for the
> > DC-3 model, effectively leaving it untextured for Voodoo3 users (but
> > making my life a lot easier, since I have to map from only 2 texture
> > files rather than 8).
> >

> Dang!  The textures can still be reduced to 256x256 by Voodoo users and more
> or less mapped correctly, right?
>
> Reminds me of the day that SCO finally got it's way and stopped supporting
> Xenix   executables. :-)

As I understand it, in recent versions of plib, they have fixed the
bug/feature that prevented oversized textures from being properly
scaled down for voodoo users.  So in theory, voodoo owners should
still see the textures, but they will be a bit blurrier.  This
functionality most certainly depends on which version of plib you have
installed.