> If you are using our unix style makefile system (automake/autoconf)
> then it should track all the code dependencies and only rebuild code
> that changes (or depends on something that has changed.)

A related question - after rebuilding with the makefile system, is there a
way to "make install" only the files which have changed?  For example,
suppose there is only a change to a .cxx file in plib/ssg.  I do a "make",
which rebuilds only libplibssg.a.  But when I do a "make install", all the
header files are also installed with new dates.  Then when I rebuild SimGear
and FlightGear, make thinks that the header files have changed and
recompiles everything which depends on the header files (which is just about
everything).  This effect ripples down from plib to SimGear to FlightGear to
Atlas.

It would save a lot of compile time if one could "make install" only the
files which have changed.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul R. Deppe
Veridian Engineering (formerly Calspan)