Curtis L. Olson writes:

>This is true in extreme cases, but even at angles where the gear would
>hit first (maybe more so for certain aircraft configurations), the
>gear extension angle and extension amount will move the lon/lat of the
>contact point.  Perhaps the differences won't be significant enough to
>significnatly change the resulting ground elevation?

Unless runways aren't anywhere near as flat in reality as I was trained
to build them when I was in the Corp of Engineers I wouldn't expect
a difference of 1-2 meters in a horizontal direction to be more then
a couple of centimeters in the vertical.  < ie dy/dx usually < 1/100 >

and yes I do know about Catalina and ....
I guess we could try to model running over 'curbs and 'potholes' ' but ....

FWIW
the hitlist maintains a pointer to the triangle that is hit for those
who really want to get into micro modelling this kind of thing

Cheers

Norman