Norman Vine wrote:

> Removed fgReshape() call from main loop

That's undoubtedly a good thing.  Never mind who can see a speed benefit and who
can't.  I can only imagine it was put there to work around some bug.  If so, let's see
if the bug shows up again, and fix it properly if it does.

> Removed fgIdle from the main loop once things are up and running
>   1) initially glutDisplayFunc() is set to new mySplashDraw function
>   2) when idle state reaches 1000
>       glutDisplayFunc() set to fgRenderFrame()
>       glutIdleFunc()  reassigned to fgMainLoop()

This only saves a few integer comparisons at run time, but looks like a good logical
clean-up.

> Made a local copy of a property value when it is used multiple times
> inside of the same function and used it
>
> moved static property nodes pointers from function scope
> to file scope.

I'm ambivalent about these.

I can't check frame rate because mine is continuously fluctuating by about 10% from
one second to the next, and depends very strongly on the exact view.

- Julian