D Luff writes:

 > With Norman's main, maximising the window and then returning it to
 > 800x600 leaves the external view of the plane (and probably the
 > scenery but its hard to tell) all scrunched up.

I think that we should pass on this patch for now -- I have no clear
explanation of how it might help the framerate, and I cannot imagine
that skipping a single glViewport call could make any difference.  It
also removes some existing functionality (such as resizing the view
with the panel) and provides no measurable framerate change for most
users.

All the best,

David

--