David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I'm suggesting that we start with
> nothing (or almost nothing) inlined, then inline only what can be
> proven to help through profiling and timing tests -- uninlined until
> proven necessary, rather than inlined until proven unnecessary.  This

Sounds like a good plan.  Not sure if we will see a big improvement on
build times though.  I would think a lot depends on how frequently a given
inline is used.  In any case, I've been slowly taking them out of the viewer
code :::duck::: and haven't noticed any un-aided human detectible change.

Best,

Jim