> How about compile time?  I've been meaning to bug you about this. :)
>
> The new version of FGState.cpp, as checked in a few days ago, takes
> five (!) minutes to build on my machine.  Yikes.  The whole of JSBSim
> is running well over 15 minutes of compile time now.  Turning off
> optimization, or simply adding the -fno-inline switch, essentially
> fixes the problem and the build takes a few seconds per file.

This is really hard to believe. On my machine (which is a 1.2 GHz AMD
machine) I can build JSBSim in standalone mode (which includes a compile of
FGState.cpp, of course) in 90 seconds - with properties. Something's not
right on your machine, I suspect. On my machine it takes about the same
amount of time to build when integrated with FlightGear. It's always been
this way for me. Compiling FGState with FlightGear takes just seconds - or
it used to before we "propertized" the system. But my standalone compile
times haven't changed noticeably since then, either.

Maybe there is something wrong, and we'll be glad to fix it if there is,
certainly. But, I figure we'd have heard someone else complain about this by
now if it was that bad. What kind of machine are you building on?

Jon