On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:52:01 -0800 (PST),
Alex Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > > I don;t know. Maybe.
> > > I have been thinking of placing fgfs in the ~/.xinitrc to start
> > > FlightGear as a window manager. Has anybody tried it already, and
> > > if so, did it work?
>
> > I've done that with Quake3, and it worked fine.
>
> I routinely do that on the FGFS demo account at the booth for
> conventions; setting up a userid with restricted filesystem rights,
> disabled text logins and a graphical login that runs the simulation
> without a window manager means that I don't mind the whole world and
> its dog knowing the password. Fairly important since the system is
> exposed on the show-floor-wide ethernet.

..sample ~/.xinitrc I can try to flog accelleration out of the
ATI mach64 in my 200 (and later my 450) box?  (the 450 has the
20"er yawed 1/3 off the screen, nice once inched home.)

..a 2 MB card should do accellerated 3D at 640x480???
How about my 8 MB card?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: