Jon S. Berndt wrote:
 > Jim Wilson wrote:
 > > The bigger problem (or so it seems to me :-)) is the one Andy
 > > brought up.  How you model stopping on a moving runway.
 >
 > This really is not a big deal after all, I think

Agreed.  Inside the gear model, the problem is basically an extra
addition to the relative velocities.  The problem is how to represent
that to the rest of the architecture without making a gooey mess. :)

I'm becomming more and more convinced that the right solution is just
to special case "carrier decks" rather than handle this generically.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA