Jim Wilson writes:

 > I've been working toward this sort of thing...slowly severing the
 > ties between the model code and the viewer so that we can have
 > multiples of both.

I started a model overhaul myself this afternoon (it's been a little
overdue).  Basically, I'm separating the animation code out so that it
can be used for any 3D model (windsock, aircraft carrier, waving field
of grain, or what-have-you) rather than just for the aircraft.
Essentially, this should remove all dependencies on the viewer, since
the model will have to calculate its own matrices (it could be at any
location).  I'll give up and revert if it gets too hard.

Jim: does this conflict with anything you're doing?

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson