Jon S Berndt writes:

>On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:10:10 -0600 (CST)
>  "Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>How about something simple like FGPosition or FGPos ... I thought of
>>it so it gets my vote. :-)
>>
>>Curt.
>
>We thought of it three years ago (FGPosition). It's
>already in JSBSim.

Yes BUT ... your FGPosition is what I would call FGRigidBody
ie you have velocity and acceleration terms

IMHO the class heirarchy should be something like

class FGPosition
{
private:
   double   htmatrix [4][4];
}

class FGRigidBody : public FGPosition
{
private:
   double    time_of_posture;
   double        x_dot;         // linear  velocity along x axis
   double        y_dot;         // linear  velocity along y axis
   double        z_dot;         // linear  velocity along z axis
   double      phi_dot;         // angular velocity about x axis
   double    theta_dot;         // angular velocity about y axis
   double      psi_dot;         // angular velocity about z axis
}

but-we've-been-here-before'ly yr's

Norman