David

It sounds like you certainly got your money's worth from the test flight.

About the vertigo thing: I used to think I had a fear of heights, but I could
never work out why that didn't affect me when flying (as a passenger that is -
I've never flown a plane).  I've finally realised that rather than having a fear
of heights, I actually have a fear of falling, which really isn't the same
thing. I can be as high as you like, but if I feel I'm in a secure environment,
the height doesn't bother me.

I mention this because it may be relevant to the cramped cockpit/small plane
thing. You don't really say why you think a larger plane might be better, but it
could be related to my experience. I find it difficult to imagine myself flying
an open-frame microlite, whereas a large aircraft would pose no problems.
Towards the smaller end of the scale, there might be a problem - I don't know,
but maybe that's what you experienced.

Regardless of whether you decide to continue flying for real, your report
highlights one positive thing: Flight simulation can be a very real alternative
to real flying, rather than a substitute.  I remember reading about a guy in
Germany (I think) who had build a multi-screen cockpit for himself. On his web
site he explained that for him flight simulation was not a substitute for the
real thing - he loves to fly through the Alpine mountains and valleys, and if he
did this in real life he would most likely end up dead.  He didn't have the
least inclination to do it for real.

Thanks for that (literally) gripping report.

Mally