On Thu, 2 May 2002 23:23:53 -0500,
"Jon Berndt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > > This is ridiculous. "dt" is short for delta T. In a 100 Hz
> > > simulation, the
> > > corresponding dt is 0.04. For 120 Hz it's 0.00833. For people that
> > > do simulation for a living this is one of the *most* recognized
> > > parameters around.

..I the blacklisted aero engineer who turned gas guru...
http://www.crest.org/discussion/gasification/199903/msg00055.html
...and newbie coder wanna-be, would have _guessed_ so.  Or _assumed_ so.
Etc.  Which _is_ wrong.

..Andy, who coded Yasim here, figured something else he
found (_too_) reasonable, so he used that.  And yasim _works_.

..we come from _all_ walks of life.  So we need to _know_.
Not guess, believe, have faith in, assume etc.

..best way is to put it in the docs, along with "all the other dumb
questions".  And ask everyone to read it, and holler if something is
missing, or write then if we do know the missing answers.  ;-)

> > Jon almost assuredly meant dt = .01 for 100 Hz or dt = .04 for 25 Hz
> > or he was testing us. :)
>
> I haven't been getting much sleep lately.

..famous last words.  ;-)

> I was remembering first how the F-16 sim at Link was run at 25 Hz,
> which is of course 0.04 seconds. Wait ... (thinking, this time). Yes,
> that's right ;-)
> Then, I went to the numpad on my keyboard and hit 0.01 as I was typing
> in the dt for 100 Hz. Only I missed. On purpose or accident I am not
> sure.
>
> Thanks.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: