David Megginson wrote:

> Currently, the environment subsystem manages the following properties:
>
> /environment/visibility-m
> /environment/temperature-sea-level-degc
> /environment/temperature-degc
> /environment/pressure-sea-level-inhg
> /environment/pressure-inhg
> /environment/density-sea-level-slugft3
> /environment/density-slugft3
> /environment/wind-from-heading-deg
> /environment/wind-speed-kt
> /environment/wind-from-north-fps
> /environment/wind-from-east-fps
> /environment/wind-from-down-fps

Great that we've got a standard place for these properties now.

But I'm really concerned that these values aren't in SI units.

So most of the world (except the US and perhaps a few other countries)
can't use those units anymore without big research (aks somebody around
here what a 'slug' is... [*I* know it, but that doesn't count]).

And there are already 1.5 - 2 FDMs that use SI units (BalloonSim and
much more important YASim).

If a FDM wants to use obscure units internally (e.g. because the
developers are use to them) that's their choice. But when we have very
universal data that a lot of people need (users, panel programmers, ...)
we should use an international standard.

CU,
Christian

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague

Whoever that is/was; (c) by Douglas Adams would have been better...