* Christian Mayer -- Wednesday 15 May 2002 17:39:
> David Megginson wrote:
> > /environment/pressure-inhg
> > /environment/density-sea-level-slugft3
[...]
> But I'm really concerned that these values aren't in SI units.
>
> So most of the world (except the US and perhaps a few other countries)
> can't use those units anymore without big research (aks somebody around
> here what a 'slug' is... [*I* know it, but that doesn't count]).

ACK! I don't. Given that 90 percent of the world and 100 percent of the
science community use SI units, "inhg" and "slugft3" make as much
sense as "5 bananas long", "4 coconuts heavy", ... no actually, they
make less sense. I =know= how long a banana typically is.   ;-)

m.