Marjor A wrote:
> Works, but isn't perfect. At least I can take off now,

Good so far.  I didn't claim that the castering would make the plane
pefect, btw.  Just more directionally stable while on the ground.

> but if I try to use only one engine, the aircraft soon pitches up and
> crashes with the front wheels still on the ground, the tail stuck on
> the tarmac. Two engines work fine, though.

But here you've lost me.  Normally, the aircraft state with all three
wheels on the ground is not called a "crash". :)

Are you saying that there isn't enough power on one engine to get off
the ground?  (Might be true; I haven't tried.) That you can't get the
tail wheel off the ground?  (You realize that in a tail dragger, you
push forward to lift the tail wheel, right?) I'm a little fuzzy on how
the aircraft pitches up with all three wheels stuck to the ground --
if that's true, then it can't possibly be pitching unless the ground
is.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA