Norman Vine wrote:
> To experiment I believe all you should have todo is change the value
> for 'center' in prep_ssg_node<s>( vis, up, center ); in tilemngr.cxx
> to reflect the 'offset' you want.

No, that won't work unless you can guarantee that the offset value
will always be within ~100m of the viewpoint.  The problem isn't that
the offset exists, it's that it's being pushed onto the matrix stack
twice -- once to draw the terrain, and once to "undo" it to draw the
aircraft model.

The model must be drawn with its own viewpoint-to-origin translation,
and shouldn't care about the terrain's origin.  The terrain
translation is too big, and causes FPU/GPU precision problems at
scales the aircraft model cares about.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA