Norman Vine wrote:
> I guess I wrongly assumed that everyone would read this as "just add
> the appropriate offset to move the camera to the origin" :-)

Unless I'm still not understanding you, I think you misunderstand the
issue.  Just adding an offset to the camera is what's already being
done, and it runs into precision problems.  The trick is to make sure
that the camera is *never* moved to the scenery centroid before
rendering the model.  Once that 1000m transformation is on the stack,
it's too late -- you can't recover precision you've already lost.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA