Christian (and others):
        The purpose of my two bits of text, which you quoted, was to
formally state on the mailing list what _my_ policy is for _this_ project.
I was not trying to tell anybody else how their patches/code should be
treated ... I wrote the message to avoid putting GPL copyright notices on
the top of every little patch I routinely send through the mailing list.
I should explicitly mention that my policy may be different on other projects.
Thus, I encourage you to disagree with my personal policy (grin).