Richard Bytheway wrote:
> We really ought to sort out the ability to disable *any* console
> output after initialisation on Windows...

Is it maybe time to revisit the priority of most of the log messages?
I mean, the vast majority of these things are debugging output for
code that is mature and stable.  Even most developers don't care about
tile cache behavior anymore.

Some stuff is still useful, like the YASim solution report and the
JSBSim landing report.  Other stuff is harmless, like the material
sim isn't hung on startup.

But IMHO, almost everything after the initialization pass can be
pushed down to the "print only when debugging" level.

Alternative, a really cool eye-candy suggestion would be to maintain
the console log internally and display it with a popup console or
somesuch, a-la Quake. :)

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA