Andy Ross writes:

 > Norman, this isn't constructive.  Here are some things I'm quite
 > certain you don't want:
 >
 > + A velocity vector that doesn't point where the aircraft is going
 > + HUD scaling that breaks with changes of aspect ratio
 > + HUD scaling that breaks with changes of resolution
 > + A horizon line that doesn't lie along the horizon

Perhaps the best solution will be to fork between the actual HUD
(which should be 3D) and a screen-oriented 2D overlay module that uses
the same configuration code to display things like frame-rate,
network-connection status, etc.  The beauty of configurability is that
if Norm still wants to see the HUD ladder, etc. in 2D, it should be a
simple matter to whip up an XML configuration file for it.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/