--- Jim Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmmm....that should thin the ranks down on Wall St even more.  It's
> hard to
> imagine they are selling civilian versions while there's talk about
> nixing the
> Osprey because of safety concerns.  Well maybe not that hard.  IMHO
> that thing
> even "looks" dangerous :-)

More dangerous than a helicopter?  That fixed wing makes me feel better
about it.  I wonder if gliding in that thing is any better than
autorotation in a helicopter ...

It sounds like avoiding the "vortex ring state" is doable but will
likely require a fair amount of training (and possibly some control law
mods)

http://www.bellagusta.com/html/aeroNet/downLoads/20393_609_AB_Brochure.pdf