David Megginson writes:

> Norman Vine writes:
>
>  > question for those making changes in main()
>  > is the --with-weathercm switch is no longer supported ?
>
> I don't know if any of the developers has it in their configuration.
> It's not omitted on purpose.

Understood it is not on purpose but it is this 'assumption'
that is the problem

i.e.  the code as written assumes FGEnvironmentMgr
which is not included when the --with-weathercm option
is configured

// fgMainInit()
    // TODO: move to environment mgr
    thesky = new SGSky;
    SGPath texture_path(globals->get_fg_root());
    texture_path.append("Textures");
    texture_path.append("Sky");
    for (int i = 0; i < FGEnvironmentMgr::MAX_CLOUD_LAYERS; i++) {
        SGCloudLayer * layer = new SGCloudLayer(texture_path.str());
        thesky->add_cloud_layer(layer);
    }

Regards

Norman