On Sunday 26 January 2003 20:29, David Megginson wrote:
> Roland Häder writes:
>  > I have also tried this. Remember your joystick.xml is for a 3-axis
>  > joystick.  But I have a 4-axis one here:
>  >
>  > Axis 0: default
>  > Axis 1: default
>  > Axis 2: throttle
>  > Axis 3: rudder
>
> What kind of joystick is it?  Does it use USB or the gameport?
The Phoenix joystick a 4-axis, 4-button gameport joystick (modprobe analog and
some more modules for your gameport hardware). I have a SoundBlaster Live!
Value here and have connected the joystick to that gameport and to the PS/2
keyboard. My keyboard is connected to the joystick. The joystick himself has
around 40 buttons which I could define with a DOS program (the control center
program) twice. That means I can place around 80 keys (from the keyboard and
4 buttons provided from joystick) on it + a rudder / throttle control. :)

I have checked out the file
/usr/local/lib/FlightGear/Input/Joysticks/Default/joystick.xml and I found
out that it is supporting just 3 axis. But my joystick does have 4 and the
last non-support axis is the rudder axis (no. 3). So what about creating a
joy-4axis.xml file?

Chears,
  Roland