David Megginson wrote:
> 2. Turbulence does a linear fade-out within two wingspans of the
>    ground.
>
> The second item is there merely to annoy Jon into implementing
> something more realistic.

Actually, that sounds pretty good to me.  Doing "realistic" turbulence
models near the ground is essentially impossible, for all the same
reasons that doing realtime fluid dynamics doesn't work.

The only augmentation I can think about is that you might consider
fading out only the turbulence component perpendicular to the ground.
Horizontal turbulence (wind gusts) can and does happen in reality.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross        Beyond the Ordinary        Plausibility Productions
Sole Proprietor       Beneath the Infinite       Hillsboro, OR