> Just thought I'd note that these new instruments are pretty heavy on
> texture memory.  Might be a big frame hit for some cards.  They sure look nice
> though, especially when zooming in!

Another thought: whenever the full-screen panel models are working
again (they are currently both broken, at least they were on Friday),
I would like to try them out with two screens. The problem here is
that the secondary screen (showing the panel) doesn't have any 3D
hardware (it's a laptop), so the panel will probably be rather
sluggish. So my question is whether it would be possible to create a
panel that's easy on the graphics engine so that you don't need
accelerated OpenGL on each and every screen being used.

  Andras