David Culp writes:

 > Can someone tell me how to get a DME signal from the KSFO ILS/DME
 > RWY 28R (freq 111.7)?  Or from any DME transmitter for that matter.
 > I've never flown an airplane that required or allowed for tuning of
 > DME.

For the DME radio we have currently in FlightGear (which is not based
on any particular real-world model), do this:

1. Tune one of the nav radios to 111.7 (it's already in the standby
   frequency for nav1 by default, so just swap).

2. Change the switch on the DME radio "N1" or "N2" (depending on which
   radio you used.

3. Once the distance is displaying, change the switch on the DME radio
   to "HLD" -- now the DME will stay tuned to 111.7, even if you
   change the nav radio.

In real life, it is usually possible to tune a DME radio directly.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/