> For the DME radio we have currently in FlightGear (which is not based
> on any particular real-world model), do this:

Thanks Dave,
I don't have control heads installed yet, so I'm setting up the nav aids via
command line and the property browser.  So, given this in the command line:

--prop:/radios/nav/frequencies/selected-mhz[0]=111.7
--prop:/radios/nav/radials/selected-deg[0]=282.0
--prop:/radios/dme/switch-position=1

I think I should be getting a DME signal, although the in-range property is
always false and I'm not getting any distance.  I've also tried to get DME
from the SFO VOR, with no luck.  BTW, the localizer and GS signals from the
28R ILS work fine.

Here's a snapshot of the T-38 flying an ILS to 28R with one mile visibility:

http://home.attbi.com/~davidculp2/t38/t38-ils-sfo.jpg

Dave Culp