On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:50:04 -0500
 David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

JSBSim, on the other hand, assumes no fuel in the tanks, and does an
additional calculation of the moment for the fuel when the tanks are
full.  Hence our (possible) problem.

It is possible to calculate offline, and log the moments of inertia realtime to see if everything is kosher.

There's also no reason to include yaw dampers in the individual FDMs -- we should be able to handle that in our FlightGear autopilot module.

Perhaps, but it's different for each type of aircraft. This is exactly the functionality that would be built into JSBSim, given our versatile FCS arrangement. I don't view this as an autopilot kind of feature, but stability augmentation. The X-15 has this kind of feature built into its FCS.

Jon