> Yeah, but the windtunnel or flight-test data woudl include the
> individual coefficients in one single value. This means that if there is
> data for -180 ... +180 degree AOA and Yaw JSBSim (and UIUC) woudl be
> more accurate compared to YASim.
>
> That said, YASim is realy a good alternative for most situations.
>
> Erik

I can think of a couple of situations where YASim would have advantages -
*at*present*:

- Calculating any force or moment that is a result of rotational motion
while the aircraft is at zero translational velocity.

- Clearly, any condition that is not covered by full aerodynamic
coefficients.

There are undoubtedly more, but likewise there are conditions where JSBSim
is probably more accurate. We also have solutions for fixing the potential
"blackout" regimes (as defined above) but those will take time to
implement.

Jon