Tony Peden writes:

 > The aero behavior.  Coefficients are generally apply only to the whole
 > and complete aircraft (with the exception of a tail-off model).  This
 > means its very hard to split them up arbitrarily.

I agree that the information is harder to find, and will require a
fair bit of tweaking.  Then again, you might not have to worry so much
about getting close, because a lot of the moments will fall naturally
out of the geometry (i.e. a longer tail arm will automatically result
in a higher Cnbeta for the aircraft as a whole).

I'm pretty sure that Roskam's first book has a lot of information on
estimating coefficients for different surfaces.  DATCOM must also do
that before generating the whole-aircraft coefficients.

In any case, there's no reason that JSBSim cannot have the best of
both worlds -- allow whole-aircraft coefficients or separate surfaces.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/