Jim Wilson writes:

 > Yes, that is new.  Obviously it makes a huge difference.  Ac3d is
 > no doubt the best way to make ac3d files at this point.  Blender is
 > open source, which is a major plus.  But what we really need to
 > make the modeling take off is a open source tool that is easy to
 > use and fully supported by plib.

I think that best path to that will be to fix plib's broken VRML1
support (it doesn't currently work with textured objects).  Almost
every 3D editor can export VRML1, so a good VRML1 loader will give
modellers a lot of choice.  Of course, we'd still have to wait for the
next plib release before switching our model format over.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/