Michael Selig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I think Lee did an amazing job w/ the model.

He sure did.  It is excellent work.

> I think he used several
> "tricks" (read that - things learned the hard way through experience), but
> one I'm aware of are the logos and labels on the struts and gear.  In each
> place a separate object (rectangle) was put on the surface, and then the
> textures were stuck onto those.  That way the resolution of the logos comes
> out very good.

Also, the semi-transparent textures to simulate the fabric are very well done.
 Now I'm thinking about that for the Wright Flyer.

His warping effects are very nice, and accomplished with less expensive
geometry than the Flyer's wings, affording a couple extra intervals for
smoother motion.  Still it would be quite nice I think to add the morphing
tween controller support to the modeling code.  It could even be used to model
the flex in conventional aircraft wings, especially airliners.

Best,

Jim