> Actually, the better solution would be for us to fix it.  Can you remind me
> when this bug was reported (if you recall)?  I'll try to have a look at it
> in the very near future.

It looks like two bugs, which were discussed a month or two ago, although I
don't know if they were reported via an official channel, partly because I'm
insecure enough in my coding ability to believe the problem is probably at my
end in every case.

This first problem is in defining a fuel load in a JSBSim model.  I see
several ways:

In the aircraft configuration file:
    <AC_TANK TYPE="FUEL" NUMBER="0">  <!-- left -->
      XLOC       520.0
      YLOC       -80.0
      ZLOC       -18.0
      RADIUS       1.0
      CAPACITY 10200.0
      CONTENTS     0.0
    </AC_TANK>

In the aircraft -set file:
 <sim>
  <description>Boeing 737</description>
  <flight-model>jsb</flight-model>
  <aero>737</aero>
  <fuel-fraction>0.5</fuel-fraction>

In the aircraft -set file again:
<consumables>
  <fuel>
   <tank n="0">
     <level-gal_us archive="y">117</level-gal_us>
   </tank>
   <tank n="1">
    <level-gal_us archive="y">117</level-gal_us>
   </tank>
   <tank n="2">
    <level-gal_us archive="y">220</level-gal_us>
   </tank>
  </fuel>
</consumables>

And in the command line:
--prop:/consumables/fuel/tank[0]/level-gal_us=290.0
--prop:/consumables/fuel/tank[1]/level-gal_us=290.0

Somehow, using combinations of the above methods, I've managed to get
airplanes running with a fuel load that is randomly empty.  And a couple
times I've managed to get a fuel load approaching infinity.  Users normally
only notice when the FGSimTurbine reacts badly to a zero-fuel condition,
which is caused by the FGEngine::Starved flag fluctuating between true and
false, which I believe is a separate bug.

Dave Culp