> Reminds me of my flight into Bologna last year in one of go's (now
> Easyjet) latest 737-300s -- there was a period of about 10 minutes
> when we never flew straight. But they eventually managed to get the
> thing aligned, and we did fly the last couple miles in a straight
> line...

Most likely the airplane was cleared for the visual approach while too high
and/or too close to the airport and/or too fast to make it safely.  The
cowboy solution is to slow way back (getting even higher), throw out the gear
and flaps and speedbrakes, and s-turn like crazy.  The best solution is to
tell approach control you can't make it from here, and try again.

Dave Culp