On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 01:05 pm, Erik Hofman wrote:

Jon Berndt wrote:

The reset file sets the current *dynamic* state. I suppose we could (for
JSBSim standalone) set actual fuel load in a script, but if that's not done
right we might still end up with a user going: "why don't my plane start?"

I see. There are some conflicting requirements here.
Maybe JSBSim should use the pre-defined value as an initial value and provide a function call to override it by the user (program).

This issue (JSB needing to set values that FG also wants to set) has come up before, and I'm unclear why we can't always do the following:

1. JSB sim reads config file (maybe sets fuel load, etc)

2. FG reads -set.xml file, and potentially over-writes some JSB sim values

3. Everyone is happy.

Am is missing something here? Obviously bits of the -set.xml files may need to be loaded before the JSB (or yasim or UIUC) file is loaded, but in general I'd always expect to be able to over-ride any values they specify from the -set file.

Is this what already happens, and the fuel thing is simply a bug, or is there some ordering constraint I'm unaware of?

H&H
James

--
That which does not kill me has poor aim