paul mccann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Jim looks great, just like the real thing.

Coming from someone who would know, that's good to hear...thanks!

> 1. they are ptich limit bars or symbol, you will get to stick shaker or
> stall if you pitch up to them.

Ah ok.  We might have to hold off on animating those.  I take it the FMC
calculates their position.  Is that true?

> 2. On the 737 the dg or compass has 7 modes
>     1.  nav (full)/ looks like hsi but really showing track not heading
> and relation to stored route not vor or ils info
>     2.  vor ils (full)/ looks like regular hsi and acts like one, plus
> shows magnetic heading
>     3.  nav (expanded)/ same as above but you only see half the compass
>     4.  vor ils (expanded) "                                      "
>     5.  map /this mode shows cours line and little triagle which is the
> aircraft, also shows track not magnetic heading.
>     6. center map same as above but full compass rose.
>     7. plan /static map

Initially I'll probably just do the vor ils.  The rest will depend on an FMC
subsystem being coded.

> 3.  Compass does not behave like wiskey compass.  Its getting signals
> from ring laser gyro and irs. So it does not drift turn wrong way or
> display any of those things.

That's easy to model!  It's the errors that are the most challenging.

Best,

Jim