Tim Jelliffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> 1). Does anyone know what the two "feather wing like" icons are supposed
> to indicate and what they do if/when they move (look to each side of the
> 15 degree pitch line in the second picture)?
>
> They also adjust depending on the situation. So when at altitude and
> high speed, they may only be a few degrees above the horizon, so they
> aren't always at the 15 degrees or whatever. Someone correct me if
> that's wrong, but I seem to remember this from a jumpseat ride a while
> ago. In fact, if you look at
> http://www.airliners.net/open.file/123982/L/
> this is a 717, and the lines are blue, but you can just see them just
> above the horizon.

Yes.  It'd be great if someone wanted to start working on an FMC subsystem.
What I'm doing here is just display level, working with the data we already have.

> Is the stuff you are doing in any way related to OpenGC? For example
> could their gauges be used straight on to the panel? Just wondering

Well, I did borrowed the rose from a screenshot of OpenGC.  Other than that,
OpenGC is actually a much more powerful application that I'm not attempting to
emulate.  I've only looked at the code a little, and haven't set it up, but
IIRC the digital display textures are generated dynamically.  What I'm doing
here is a lot simpler (gimp and ac3d).

That said, there will be an engine display, and fortunately the 747 one looks
easier to do this way than the one in OpenGC.

Best,

Jim