On Tuesday 08 July 2003 22:22, David Megginson wrote:
> Lee Elliott writes:
>
>  > Is there any way to come up with a rough guidence figure?
>
> The untextured 737 model I just parked at KSFO has 392 vertices and
> 332 faces, according to Blender.  That's
> way too high if we're going to use a realistic number of planes.
>
> For buildings, I try to stay under 8 faces and to use a 32x32 texture.
>

> All the best,
>

> David
>
> --
> David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/

Hmm... I just looked at a few in AC3D.  Most the the models already in FG are
< 3000 faces, except the ones I've done, and the Wright Flyer, which are all
10,000 - 20,000 faces.  The Sea Hawk is 'only' 5000.

I don't intenionally use more polys than I need - the simpler a model is, the
easier it is to work on, but I really dislike curved surfaces that look
faceted.

I guess I'm going to have to try harder.

LeeE