I'm considering getting an ATI card because I'd like to be running total
GPL again - not that I have anything against nvidia's effort it's just I
would like the ability to tinker (void the warranty).  If you run the
DRI do you get fully hardware accelerated opengl (on supported cards)?
Does this require any binary only modules?  Anyone heard any news about
adding R300 cards?

Thanks,

Chris