Here are some screens from PiGaSos and IceHands:
http://users.otenet.gr/~ioanna-a/HAFF16.jpg

..cool, then we don't need my F-16 drag shute housing pics.  ;-)
Do we have drag shutes modelled?

The 3D model of drag chute is there beside the model. I'm not sure about the phisical model in FlightGear and usabilty.
* Matevz Jekovec -- Wednesday 23 July 2003 12:07:

Ah, I see (although I don't quite remember when did Mandrake or
RedHat include FGFS in their distro:)).

Don't know about Mandrake and RedHat, but SuSE has it since ages

...and Mandrake have/had it in cd3 in mdk-9.0.

Debian had a week after release the latest FGFS v0.9.2 base + binary + source in their apt unstable branch and it worked like a charm (although I just tried it and then compiled from CVS;)).